Young women are placed at Seton Home by Child Protective Services because they have been removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect by their own families and they are pregnant and/or parenting a child. Most arrive at Seton Home suffering from chronic trauma related to poverty, violence, abuse and neglect with symptoms of depression, anxiety, PTSD, and maladaptive coping skills. They arrive with limited expectations – a safe place to stay and food to eat. They are children giving birth to, and trying to parent, children.
Seton Home residents' age at adm nude celebrities
ission must be between 12 and 17 but moms can stay through the age of 22. Currently, the average age of our teen moms is 16 and our babies are from newborn to 6 years old.
Characteristics of clients
- Most Seton Home residents have lived in disorganized and chaotic families, often being passed from one set of relatives, friends or foster homes to another
- 75% have experienced emotional abuse
- 91% have suffered porno gay
- 69% have been involved with drugs
- 52% have suffered physical abuse
Despite these staggering statistics of pain and hopelessness, the mothers at Seton Home made a truly courageous decision to parent their child and break the cycle of dysfunction, violence and poverty that impacted their own short childhoods. There is hope at Seton Home.